Archival Collections at Wheaton College
Welcome to Archon, the discovery tool to archival and special collections holdings of Wheaton College (IL) housed in the Billy Graham Center Archives, College Archives & Special Collections (Buswell Library), and the Marion E. Wade Center.
Please review the information below to better understand how this resource operates.
Please consult the other resources of the library during your research.
Digitized Images from the College Archives & Special Collections:
- Default Behaviors
- The search engine looks for records containing each term you submit in the search box above (e.g. The database assumes a boolean "AND" -- civil AND war, rather than civil OR war)
- Digital Resources, such as photos or recordings are available within specific collections when accompanied by the green icon seen here - Otherwise, digital resources may be browsed by selecting the Digital Content tab above.
- Receiving results that include [information restricted] indicates that there are results from your search terms but that the materials are closed or require permission to view.
- Search By Phrase
- Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Wrinkle in Time")
- Narrow Your Search Results
- Use a minus sign before a term you don't want in your results. (e.g. 'bass -fish' finds bass guitars but not bass fishing (if fish appears in the record).)
- Browse by collection title, subject, name, or classification.
- Consider Using "Controlled Vocabulary"
- Browse or search by Subjects to take advantage of Library of Congress Subject Headings, which will link to collections contain related collections (e.g. Evolution (Biology) -- Religious aspects -- Christianity).
- Note: If using the search feature remove the double-hypens (e.g. Evolution (Biology) Religious aspects Christianity).
- Consider using results from the Subject Headings option in your Search Results.
- Contact Us!!
- Call or email us, We're here to help!
501 College Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
630-752-5705 | 630-752-5987 FAX